Friday, May 30, 2008

ANGRY UTERUS

My uterus is pissed. She does not like being messed with at all.

The cramping began Wednesday night nice and calmly. Ad.vil worked until early this morning. Around 1:30 am, I needed to bring in the big guns - Controlled Substances!!! I made it through the night but, I hardly slept. I guess I am too much of a control freak for drugs like Vi.codin.

I just have to keep remembering this too shall pass.

*******************************************************************

A couple of weeks ago when I was still pregnant, JulieS of Life After Infertility & Loss nominated me for the Pink Rose Award. She seemed to find my blog at precisely the right time. She understands the huge loss of a pregnancy regardless of how early it happens. Loss is loss.




I would like to pass this award to the following ladies:

Babe of A Long Winding Road - After her devastating 1st trimester loss of twins, she now has to say goodbye to her furbaby Sammie. I am a mother to my own furbaby who has helped me get through my own losses. My heart goes out to her and her husband.

Mrs. J of In Our Own Weird Way - After several miscarriages and a canceled IVF she is now weeks away from bringing home her Lil' Pumpkin from China. I admire her decision to walk away from IVF and find resolution through adoption.

The rules are as follows:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else

7 comments:

Portia P said...

Sending you lots of love and hugs and hoping your pain goes quickly.

This life is SO unfair. You've enough (mental) pain without the physical pain to go with it.

the Babychaser: said...

Miscarriages are just so hard, even just trying to sort out the mental from the physical. I'm just aching all over for you.

A controlled substances tip: drugs like percocet and vicodin actually will keep you awake (it's not just your control-freak tendencies). I find that I can just lie there and float all night, but not really sleep. Very annoying. I take two approaches to this: (1) take the drug in the early evening, at least 3-4 hours before bed, or (2) (my preferred option) take a sleeping pill at the same time.

Stay strong, honey. And try not to panic too much when the hormone crash hits (I'm guessing next week, if you're like me). Remember, it's just the chemicals in your body, it's not YOU. And it will pass.

Lots of love and hugs!

Ms. J said...

I am so touched to be nominated by you.

I am so sorry for your physical (not to mention emotional) pain. I remember what it feels like -- I am no wimp, but the physical pain was excruciating. And I took two Vicodin.

Swim said...

Working girl - I am so very sorry to read about everything that has happened to you recently. I am sorry I haven't checking in on you.

I was happy to read that you may be going to Paris this summer. I hope thinking of that holiday brings some happiness to you right now.

I am thinking of you. Lots of hugs.

Ms. J said...

Not trying to make you post if you are not up to it yet -- we all understand and respect the need to take "blogging breaks" . . . but I wanted you to know, nonetheless, that I have been thinking about you quite a bit.

Take as much time away as you need. We're here when you're ready to come back, for both the steps forward and the steps back.

XOXO.

Kami said...

Thanks for keeping up with me on my blog. I hope you are doing ok.

TABI said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is to get through a loss and sending you big internet hugs! It's a heartache like no other and so give yourself the space and time to heal. Take care of yourself.